Work with us
Current Job Opportunities
The role of Operations Lead for the Canada-India Business Council is an individual who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Council and planning and coordinating events to support its mission and goals.
The Council is currently undergoing a period of expansion as it focuses on strengthening the commercial ties between Canada and the fastest-growing large economy in the world. This role is crucial to furthering this objective, as it actively engages with stakeholders, offers the chance to plan and execute unique events, an opportunity to be a part of a team developing new strategies for the economic corridor, and the potential to make a significant impact on the Council and Canada's future prosperity.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a combination of project management, organizational skills, as well as creativity and attention to detail. They should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, over multiple time zones and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Experience in event planning is preferred, as well as an understanding of the international business cultures and the dynamics.
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. _______________________________________________________
• Overseeing and managing the Council's budget and financial reporting
• Coordinating and scheduling Events and Roundtables for the Council
• Communicating with other organizations, including government agencies, to promote the council's initiatives
• Proactively finding solutions to problems and creating enhanced processes
• Location preference: Toronto, but open to remote work
• Some travel may be required for support at meetings and conferences
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in administration and operations
• Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills and ability to multitask are important
• Experience with InDesign, event logistics, and mailing management software
executive assistant to The president & CEO
We are conducting a search for an experienced Executive Assistant, a professional who is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the organization's President and CEO.
The successful candidate will be anticipatory to the needs of the CEO, playing a crucial role in helping the organization run smoothly and efficiently while handling a wide range of administrative tasks, in addition to supporting the organization's international trade initiatives.
• Managing inbox and calendar of CEO (Outlook).
• Conducting appropriate and timely follow-up to ensure effective engagement with members and stakeholders.
• Scheduling meetings, and arranging travel for the President and CEO and Board of Directors.
• Preparing and editing correspondence, presentations, and other documents (Office Suite).
• Organizing and maintaining files and records in shared cloud.
• Assisting with budget preparation, financial reporting, and expenses.
• Providing support to the Board of Directors.
• Handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
• An ideal candidate will have 3+ years of relevant experience in Executive or Administrative Assistant role; experience working with C-level senior executives is preferred.
• Excellent administrative skills and ability to problem solve.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat and CRM.
• Professional conduct and good judgment in sensitive and confidential situations with proven experience interacting with senior management.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours across multiple time zones.
• Comfortable working both on-site and remotely.
• Board and minute taking experience an asset.
Interested candidates are asked to email their resume to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant Application” in the subject line, prior to Friday, July 11th at 11:59pm ET.
Cover letter optional.